1. Information Collection and Use
- 1.1. If you choose to create a Glass Open Book account, you must provide us with some personal information, such as your first name, last name, password, login (email address). On Glass Open Book, your name and username are listed publicly, including on your profile page and in search results. Some of our product features, such as searching and viewing public Glass Open Book user profiles or published applications, do not require you to create an account.
- 1.2. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services, to market to you, to help prevent spam, fraud, or abuse, and to help others find your account, including through third-party services and client applications. You may use your settings to control notifications you receive from Glass Open Book. You may also unsubscribe from a notification by following the instructions contained within the notification.
- 1.3. Glass Open Book is primarily designed to help you share information with the glass community around the world. Most of the information you provide us through website is information you are asking us to make public. You may provide us with profile information to make public on Glass Open Book, such as a short biography, your location, your website, date of birth, or a picture. Additionally, your public information includes the messages you post; the metadata provided with posts, such as when you post; information about your account, such as creation time, language, country, and time zone. When you share information or content like photos, videos, and links via Glass Open Book, you should think carefully about what you are making public. We may use this information to make inferences, like what topics you may be interested in. Our default is almost always to make the information you provide through the Services public for as long as you do not delete it. If you provide us with profile information and you don't see a visibility setting, that information is public.
- 1.4. We provide certain features that allow you to communicate more privately. For example, you can use My Messages to have private conversations with other Glass Open Book users. When you privately communicate with others through our Services, such as by sending and receiving Direct Messages, we will store and process your communications, and information related to them. Please note that if you interact with public Glass Open Book content shared with you via Direct Message, for instance by liking a Post shared via Direct Message, those interactions may be public. While features like Direct Messages are intended to be private, please remember that recipients may copy, store, and re-share the contents of your communications.
- 1.5. We may receive information about your location. For example, you may choose to publish your location in your Glass Open Book profile. We may also determine location by using other data from your device, such as precise location information from GPS, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your IP address. We may use and store information about your location to provide features of our Services, such as Posting with your location, and to improve and customize the Services, for example, with more relevant content like local trends, stories, ads, and suggestions for people to follow.
- 1.6. We may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services, including our email notifications, third-party services, and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Services, to provide more relevant advertising, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
- 1.8. We receive information when you interact with our Services, even if you have not created an account. For example, when you visit our websites, sign into our Services, interact with our email notifications, use your account to authenticate to a third-party website, application, or service, we may receive information about you. This may include your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, or cookie information.
- 1.10. We may receive information about you from third parties, such as other Glass Open Book users, partners (including ad partners), or our corporate affiliates. For example, other users may share or disclose information about you, such as when they mention you, share a photo of you. Our ad partners and affiliates may share information with us such as a browser cookie ID, mobile device ID, or cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), as well as demographic or interest data and content viewed or actions taken on a website or app. Our ad partners, particularly our advertisers, may enable us to collect similar information directly from their website or app by integrating our advertising technology.
2. Information Sharing and Disclosure
- 2.3. We may share or disclose your public, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information, public Posts, or reports to advertisers about unique users who saw or clicked on their ads after we have removed any private personal information (such as your name or contact information). Remember: your privacy and visibility settings control whether your Posts and certain profile information are made public. Other information, like your name is always public on Glass Open Book, unless you delete your account, as described below.
3. Accessing and Modifying Your Personal Information
- 3.1. If you are a registered user of our Services, we provide you with tools and account settings to access, correct, delete, or modify the personal information you provided to us and associated with your account.
- 3.2. You can also permanently delete your Glass Open Book account. When deactivated, your account, including your first name, last name, and public profile, is not viewable on Glass Open Book. For up to 30 days after deactivation it is still possible to restore your account if it was accidentally or wrongfully deactivated. Absent a separate arrangement between you and us to extend your deactivation period, after 30 days, we begin the process of deleting your account from our systems, which can take up to a week.
- 3.3. Keep in mind that search engines and other third parties may still retain copies of your public information, like your user profile information and public Posts, even after you have deleted the information from the Glass Open Book Services or deactivated your account.
4. Our Global Operations
- 4.1. To bring you the Services, we operate globally. HOLDRA Ltd. complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield principles (the "Principles") regarding the collection, use, sharing, and retention of personal information from the European Union.